SUPPORT TRANSIT FUNDING
Transit is Important! Funding is declining!
Transpo and transit agencies across the state continue to face decreases in funding. Your support is critical in keeping Transpo moving forward. Please take a moment and help support public transit in South Bend and Mishawaka.
- Property Tax Caps have reduced local funding capacity, challenging Transpo's ability to provide adequate service to meet current demand.
- Elimination of dedicated funding for the Public Mass Transit Fund (PMTF) has created uncertainty for the funding Transpo receives from the State of Indiana.
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA) funding continues to be threatened and gridlocked.
- Demand for increased service cannot be met due to budget constraints. Transpo recognizes the need for extended service hours, Sunday service and increased frequency along crowded routes. Local efforts to streamline services and expenses have been exhausted.
Public Mass Transit Fund (PMTF)
The Indiana State Legislature created the Public Mass Transit Fund (PMTF) to promote and develop public transportation in Indiana. The PMTF money is allocated to 65 Indiana bus systems and the South Shore Rail Line through a competitive formula developed by the Indiana Department of Transportation. The PMTF has remained at $42.5 million for the last several years while the demands for public transit have continued to increase.
For more information on the PMTF, click HERE.
Why Should You Care?
Transpo provides a vital service connecting our community to employment, healthcare, educational and recreational opportunities. Every $1 invested in public transit results in $4 in economic returns. Whether you ride or not, investing in public transit enhances your community. For more information on the many benefits provided by public transit, please click HERE.
How Can You Help?
Contact your State Legislator and ask them to increase the appropriation for the PMTF that was approved by the House in HB 1001. To find out your legislators, click HERE.
Rep. B. Patrick Bauer, District 6 - 317.232.9987
Rep. Dale DeVon, District 5 - 317.234.9380
Rep. Ryan Dvorak, District 8 - 317.232.9827
Rep. Tim Wesco, District 21 - 317.232.9674
Sen. Joe Taylor, District 7 - 317.232.9976
Sen. Joe Zakas, District 11 - 317.232.9490
Sen. David Niezgodski, District 10 - 317.232.9404
Sen. Ryan Mishler, District 9 - 317.232.9814
Sen. Mike Bohacek, District 8 - 317.232.9541
|Explore our LEED Platinum Facility|
RIDER ALERT: Visit Transpo's Detour Page for a list of all detours throughout the system.
Buy Fare Cards
Routes and Schedules
- 1 Madison/Mishawaka
- 3A Portage
- 3B Portage
- 4 Lincolnway/Airport
- 5 North Michigan
- 6 South Michigan
- 7 Notre Dame/UP Mall
- 7A Notre Dame Midnight Express
- 8 Miami/Scottsdale
- 9 Northside/Mishawaka
- 10 Western
- 11 Southside/Mishawaka
- 12 Rum Village
- 12/14 Rum Village/Sample
- 13 Corby/Town & Country
- 14 Sample/Mayflower
- 15A UP Mall/Mishawaka via Main
- 15B UP Mall/Mishawaka via Grape
- 16 Blackthorn Express/II
- 17 Sweep